Help!! I’m tapping and nothing is happening
There are times that people tap to try to feel better and they just stay feeling bad. So what’s going on, and how could this be? Well, in my experience it could be energy reversals, or psychological reversal (PR) as it is sometimes called in EFT circles.
What are the symptoms I will notice in psychological reversal?
Feeling like you are scrambled, going backwards. Feeling like a victim, thinking very negatively.Interestingly, this also happens to people who are well versed in positive thinking, the law of attraction and suchlike. A feeling of having ‘bad luck’ and things ‘just not going my way.’
How do we correct psychological reversal?
- EFT itself can correct it; it’s just that it needs to be aimed in the right direction. Usually any tapping is good, but in cases of PR the set-up is ever more important to get right. There is no point in tapping on having a holiday when you are feeling so fearful you can’t imagine how you are going to pay the next electricity bill. Be a detective, and get to the heart of what’s going on.
- De-stress first… Tapping on positive affirmations when you feel terrible usually just shows us how much we don’t believe the affirmation, and the other extreme is that we tap on ‘stress talk,’ and end up convincing ourselves just how awful everything, is while we are tapping on all of our current problems, grievances or symptoms. Think of a word that you associate with de-stressing such as ‘calm,’ ‘peace,’ or suchlike and tap a few rounds of this, remember to breathe.
- Work with a practitioner, as a team. Others will see what you can’t see, and give you a helping hand. If you begin tapping and you are so stressed out you just end up tapping on stress talk, you are unlikely to start to feel better and correct the reversal.
- Move, move, move… There are some ‘energy medicine’ exercises I use with clients to help counter PR, such as cross crawls, which is like marching only you specifically raise the left leg and swing forward the right arm (then swap to the other side and so on) so that you are crossing the midline in the brain, which is good for the energy. Also drawing figure of eights in the air, nice and big. Another one I use is where you interweave the hands in front of you, facing one another, then pull the hands in and up towards you, under the chin and take some deep breaths. All of these exercises cross the midline. Other than this, exercise in general. If you think of the unexercised body as being ‘dusty’ and cluttered, getting some regular exercise that raises the heart rate in a safe way will shake out the cobwebs.
- Hydrate… Drink lots of water when you do EFT, coffee doesn’t count.
Angel EFT for clearing your energy video:
Love and Light, Susan
About the author: Susan Browne helps people to feel great in their energy and achieve their goals. She provides 1:1 sessions in person and via Skype. She is the author of ‘Angel EFT, tap into the Angelic Realms with Modern Energy EFT’ available from the Book Depository free worldwide delivery.